Australia has been one of the hardest hit countries during the climate emergency. Unfortunately, we’re addicted to coal and gas and blocking international efforts to secure ambitious climate action – ranked dead last (out of 193 countries) in the recent UN Sustainable Development Report.
Musicians, record labels, booking agents, management companies and distributors across our country recognise the serious threat climate change poses. We call on all politicians to take urgent action. Collectively, we create a choir of voices that are loud and proud in calling on all politicians to take urgent action.
We, the undersigned, demand that all levels of government:
- Take action on climate change as a priority;
- Bring Australia’s Paris emissions targets into line with what the science and independent experts recommend: a cut of 45-65% on our 2005 levels by 2030;
- Take urgent and serious action to cut carbon pollution through strong reduction incentives;
- Completely withdraw from the Adani Carmichael mine, rail and port project;
- Ban all new coal mines and power stations; and
- End all public subsidies for fossil fuel projects, industrial animal agriculture, and shift funds to renewable energy projects and put electric vehicle incentives in place.