Green Music Australia interviewed 880 festival-goers at Unify Gathering, Party in the Paddock, and Falls Festival. The resulting analysis by consultants AT Kearney identified 5 key behavioural drivers:
1. Breakages – people were significantly more likely to leave damaged tents behind
2. Social Proof – 63% of people believed it wasn’t their responsibility to clean up if they saw someone else leaving rubbish behind
3. Lack of Connect to the Festival
4. Disregard for One’s Own Tent (not caring what stat it is in at the end of the festival)
5. Urgency to Leave – 48% of people just wanted to ‘get the hell out of here’ on the final day.
Over 3,700 music lovers have signed our pledge to be a caretaker, buy less, choose better, and take it all home.