Help us build a musicians’ movement against plastic pollution!
Are you passionate about protecting the environment? Do you love music? Do you understand campaigning? Are you energetic, creative, driven and articulate?
Green Music Australia is seeking an Outreach Campaigner to work 0.4-0.5 EFT for 12 months to build our campaign to rid the music scene of the scourge of throw-away plastic water bottles. #BYOBottle is central to our work building a musicians’ movement to protect the planet, and creating deep, long-lasting cultural change.
Your job will involve:
- Working with the CEO in targeting artists to approach as artist ambassadors to participate in the campaign, approaching them (usually via managers), following up, building support and maintaining relationships;
- Working with the CEO in targeting festivals and venues to approach to go plastic free, developing materials for use, assisting in finding service providers and more;
- Develop and implementing creative ideas for engaging more artists, festivals and audiences with the campaign;
- Updating Green Music Australia’s social media presence and website with engaging material;
- Building Green Music’s database of interested and active musicians;
- Developing materials, or managing outsourced development of materials; and
- Other duties as directed.
You have (selection criteria):
- At least 12 months’ experience in environmental campaigning;
- Commitment to environmental values;
- A good working knowledge of the Australian music scene;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ideally some design skills; and
- Ability to work from home with minimal supervision, ideally in Canberra.
Employment will be as a contractor for 12 months at 0.4-0.5 EFT, paid $60,000 – $64,000 pro rata depending on experience, plus superannuation.
Expressions of interest, with CV and brief responses to selection criteria, to be sent to email@example.com by COB Monday 16 May.