Help Us Build a Musicians’ Movement to Stop Adani Coal!
Are you passionate about protecting the environment? Do you love music? Do you understand campaigning? Are you energetic, driven and articulate?
Green Music Australia is seeking an Outreach and Liaison Campaigner to work 4 days a week for 9 months (or similar to be negotiated) to build an active network of musicians involved in creative campaigning to stop the Adani Carmichael coal mine. From wearing campaign t shirts on stage to playing at sit ins at politicians’ offices, from writing songs to campaign stalls at gigs, we need musicians at the forefront of this iconic campaign to give it greater reach and cultural depth.
Your job will involve:
- Working with the CEO to recruit artists to the campaign, approaching them, following up, building support and maintaining relationships;
- Managing the existing and growing network of musicians taking part, providing resources, advice, mentoring and practical support;
- Liaising between artists and campaign groups;
- Developing and implementing creative ideas for musical engagement in the campaign;
- Updating Green Music Australia’s social media presence and website with engaging material, and supporting artists to use their own social media;
- Developing materials, or managing outsourced materials development; and
- Other duties as directed.
You have (selection criteria):
- At least 2 years’ experience in environmental campaigning, including in community organising;
- Strong understanding of and relationships across the Australian music scene;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ideally some design skills; and
- Ability to work from home with minimal supervision (ideally in Canberra or Melbourne where existing employees are located, but other locations accepted for the right candidate).
Employment will be for 9 months at 0.8 EFT (or similar to be negotiated), paid a total (ie not pro rata) of $42,250 plus superannuation.
We are seeking a very swift appointment, so expressions of interest, with CV and brief responses to selection criteria, to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Monday 29 May.