Illawarra Folk Festival going plastic water bottle free
We’re absolutely delighted to announce a new partnership with the Illawarra Folk Festival!
This fabulous festival has been taking its environmental responsibilities seriously for years, running a successful Green Army of volunteers to deliver their waste free festival goal. They make sure all their stallholders use compostable plates and cups to serve food and drinks, and encourage punters to travel to the festival by public transport.
Now, in partnership with Green Music Australia, they are aiming for a plastic water bottle free festival!
This will involve:
- Providing refilling stations around the site, including at bars and backstage.
- Asking stallholders not to sell disposable plastic water bottles.
- Communicating with all punters and performers well in advance of the festival about the goal, directly and through publicity, asking them to bring their own reusable bottles – even the ticket will say it’s a plastic water bottle free event!
- Providing souvenir bottles to artists.
- Tracking their efforts and achievements so others can follow their lead!
If you live anywhere near the Illawarra and want to support what this great festival is doing with our support, we’d encourage you to sign up to be part of their Green Army!